Friday, August 10, 2007

dream

so....i know a blog has been long over due..so i thought i would give a small update...but now that i'm typing i have so many thoughts in my head, i don't even know where to start...

one week lake Geneva with youth...amazing. I truly believe God moved in an awesome way in the hearts of many and although we cannot see it all now...we will indeed see the fruits in the future...

next week one of my best friends decided to go to Afghanistan and spread some love...of thee Christ...thus endangerment of his life...so some intense prayer has been taking place

same week my fam flew into mn...delish moments of truth, joy,laughter, tears and blissfull memories shared. such a blessing.

but really the most consuming thoughts of my heart all come down to one word...DREAM.
i think every person on earth has a dream yet we all dream in our own way...some may hope and strive to make happen. some wish but dare not to believe it will ever come to pass.
in the past couple of months, i feel God has asked me to "kill" my man made dreams and to let HIM begin to implant and develop HIS dreams for me. it may sound confusing...but i honestly think so many times we create our dreams based on what we think we are capable of...based on what we think is right...based on OUR point of view.of course, i fully believe it is essential for us to dream...it is a gift god has given us...but i think the key lies in learning to dream WITH God, to dream Gods dreams for us...His thoughts are so much higher than ours and many times in order to fulfill our purpose, we have to surrender what we think is best and learn to live in what HE knows is best. Many times God brings us through paths we could not have imagined to do things we never could have dreamed of on our own. for so long i have lived with my dreams...which in reality are my plans...and tried to make them happen...but now i simply come wanting to just hear the whispers form His heart and walk according to the dreams, the life, the path He has for me. father may we fix our eyes only on you and settle for nothing less than the life you have created us to live.

No comments: