Wednesday, October 17, 2007

truth.

"Truth was rejected and even killed with a criminals death...truth has been stoned and beheaded, truth has been laid waste and desolate in lonely jungles, truth has been speared and left to drown in the blood of the believer, truth has been burned at the stake and truth is oftentimes jailed....the foundation of the Apostles was Jesus Christ as the head and most of them died agonizing deaths because they spoke of truth in the marketplace.
Well...I experienced this for the first time as i spoke of love and was angrily told to sit down and shut up!!! Wow!!!
These words rang out loudly in my ears recently and resonated deeply in my heart and I will never, NEVER keep this truth silent
. "


Ever have it happen that someone writes something and you feel they just said what was on your heart in a better way you could have ever thought of...yeah...me too. and this is one of those times. i didn't write this...but it is something that goes deep into my heart. i have been thinking...praying...questioning...why do we keep silent. when and where should we keep silent. why do we shut up when we shouldn't. because it costs us...because of fear...because of pride...

about two months ago, i was at home and one day at church, someone walked up to me and handed me a note. In this note there was a picture of me as a kid screaming all the note said was "don't be silent". the person went on to say how the remembered me as a kid and how i was always "crazy, loud, always spoke what i thought and believed." As this person walked away she said to me: "Never keep silent jesse, even though it may cost you your life, speak truth. " and to be completely honest, the sad thing is the more it cost, the more i have been tempted to be silent. i don't have the answers, but i do know i never want to keep silent when God is calling me to shout. God give me the strength and boldness to shout in a world that needs truth, the discernment to know when to be silent, and the love to continue on no matter how much it may cost.



p.s. the guys has more blogs...all of which are amazing. www.myspace.com/burnsforgod.

2 comments:

laura said...

wow...
I had to read this after you mentioned it today...good stuff. def. know what you mean.
heh...it made me think of the song "Keep Quiet" by BarlowGirl...it's amazing.
David's blog is amazing.

Anonymous said...

It's true, not speaking is as worse as saying something bad or even worse, we know the truth and we are free while we keep silent and don't share that others, though we know we have to, its the weight of eternity on us crying out, or in this matter, trying to cry out.
Be a Voice in Eternity not an echo, lead the way!