Sunday, June 14, 2009

first week in the bahamas


































so folks it has been the end of the begining week of a crazy three months. this little blogger bloop may seem highly impersonal, but it is pretty much the only i can update all the amazing people i wish i could share the sorties of this awesome adventures with!


many of you may know that before the rainbow comes the storm and so it has been this first week. sicnce day#1 we have had trials and are so very excited to see how awesome God has and will continue to come through for us! i wish i could share in detail all the amazingness that has been happening here but i will have to conform to a brief overview:(

the first day we got to the airport with nine bags and all of them 20 pounds overweight, awesomely enough the lady waived the $1,500 fee. (miracle #1). Soon after however, we found out the there was a glitch in the booking process and weren't going to be able to leave for another 3 days, however God worked that out also and through a series of long flights and hopefull waits we finally made it to the bahamas. (miracle #2). when we finally go to the airport, i all to soon discoverd that my luggage got lost, however a couple days later i got it back(miracle#3).

our first group of 25 awesome peeps arrived the next afternoon. little did we imagine that on the second day of working at the AIDS camp one of the kids would have a stroke. the first day the Dr. 's said it would take 6 months-1 yr to make a recovery however after much prayer he is now expected to make a full recover in two weeks! (miracle #4). it would take countless time of typing away to tell of all the awesome things that God has done this week. i have been so blessed by the first amazing group we have had and hope to see God's seal in in thier lives until earth and life fades away!

it has been amazing to laugh, pray and do life with the residents of the AIDS camp. Also, god has added a little desert to my dish down here my allowing us to go to a hispanic church, and it has been equaling awesome to talk and minister with my fellow hispanicans down here in the Bahamas. our second group of kids came yesterday and we are excited to see what God has planned for them. God's grace and AMAZING love has been our strenght this past week. please continue to pray for me and my health(not goood this week) and for safetly, grace and anointing for me and the team i am working with. much love to all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you. sounds like a great adventure. Cant wait til I see you again. In case you had not heard, we will be welcoming the next Gomez baby in January. YAY.

Bridget Tucci Gomez

Bla Bla said...

love love love love love the fact you are posting again!...amazing pics, great work.....wish i could be there too.....miss you

Anonymous said...

Jesse mi amor,

My heart was so sad that I missed your phone call! I have been praying for you daily, and wanting to know how things are going! I was sleeping after my flight home from CO, and wish to hear from you sooN! SOunds like God is stretching you physically, emotionally, and spiritually! Praise the Lord that you are safe, missing you a ton, cant wait to chat! I am off all week except thursday night .. and all weekend I am off... I will have my phone by me all the time! Love you mucho. Bri (your forever roomie)